The early stage of gum disease is called Gingivitis. Gum disease, also called periodontal disease, is when the tissue that surrounds the teeth becomes infected. This happens because of a build up of plaque. When the early stages hit, symptoms might include:
- Gums that bleed easily
- Tender gums, red gums or even swollen gums Affordable Dentist located in Queen Creek AZ
- Bad breath even after brushing and flossing
Factors that may contribute to you being at higher risk of developing gingivitis might include:
- Dental Care that is poor
- Smoking or using chewing tobacco
- Crooked teeth that are hard to keep clean#smilewithconfidence
- Medications: steroids, anti-epilepsy drugs, cancer therapy drugs, calcium channel blockers or oral contraceptives
All of these might sound a tad scary, but at this stage of the disease, it is reversible. Eliminating the infection can be as simple as a trip to your dentist for a cleaning, then daily brushing and flossing. Medications for gum disease at this stage are not needed. Affordable Dentist located in Queen Creek AZ
Gum disease for the most part is painless, so you may not even know you are battling it. This is why it is so important to go to your dental checkups and also maintain a good dental routine at home. Your dental routine should include brushing twice a day, flossing once a day, and using a fluoride mouth rinse. Also, be sure to use a toothpaste that contains fluoride as well. It will strengthen your teeth.
If you are searching for a great dentist, we would love for you to visit us at#martindental. We love our patients and try to provide the best experience possible.