Using mouthwash does not replace the need for daily brushing and flossing, but it is a helpful addition to your daily dental hygiene routine.
So why use mouthwash? Just like dental floss, interdental brushes and water flossers, mouthwash can get in between the teeth. Your toothbrush can’t reach every area of the teeth so using mouthwash is an added benefit and helps to reduce the risk of cavities and gum disease. Other ways mouthwash can help are: Affordable Dentist located in San Tan Valley AZ
- Prevent tooth decay and also control decay
- Reduces plaque, the thin film that forms on the teeth
- Helps to prevent or reduce gingivitis, the early stage of gum disease
- Reduces the speed of tartar accumulation on the teeth #smilewithconfidence
- Helps to freshen breath
There are two different kinds of mouthwashes to choose from:
- Therapeutic Mouthwashes: This type of mouthwash has an active ingredient that kills bacteria and it can help reduce plaque, gingivitis, bad breath and cavities. When a mouthwash contains fluoride it can help to prevent and reduce tooth decay. Affordable Dentist located in San Tan Valley AZ
- Cosmetic Mouthwashes: This type of mouthwash can control or reduce bad breath and also leave your mouth with a pleasant taste. It will not reduce your risk of cavities or gum disease.
There are therapeutic mouthwashes that may require a prescription but there are some available to be purchased over-the-counter. Ask your dentist which mouthwash is best for you and your dental health needs.#martindental
When it comes to selecting an over the counter mouthwash, look for products that carry the American Dental Association Seal of Acceptance. This means it has been tested and shown to be safe and effective.