#smilewithconfidence Accidents are bound to happen. Knowing what to do in a dental emergency can make the difference between saving or losing a tooth. Here are some quick tips to help if you find yourself in a Dental Emergency:
- Knocked out tooth: Keep it moist AT ALL TIMES. If possible, place it back in the socket without touching the root. If this is not possible, place it in your cheek and hold it there! Not a fan of that? Place it in milk. Whatever you do, keep it moist and get to your dentist right away. Emergency Dentist Near Me San Tan Valley AZ
- Cracked Tooth: Rinse your mouth right away with warm water to clean the area. Put a cold compress on your face to keep any swelling that might occur, down.
- Toothache: Rinse with warm water to clean the area. Use dental floss to remove any food that may be caught between the teeth. Do NOT put aspirin on an aching tooth or gum.
- Object Stuck: Try to gently remove with floss. Do not try and remove anything with a sharp or pointed instrument. Emergency Dentist Near Me San Tan Valley AZ
If you have an emergency, it is important to get to the dental office right away. To avoid accidental injury to the teeth, take these precautions:
- Wear a mouthguard when playing sports or doing any recreational activity.
- Avoid chewing ice, popcorn kernels or hard candy. All of the above can crack a tooth.#martindental
- NEVER use your teeth to cut things. That’s what scissors are for.