Best Dental Care Queen Creek AZ
Oral Cancer can be divided into two categories: cancer in the oral cavity (lips, cheeks, teeth, gums, front of tongue, floor/roof of mouth) and cancer in the oropharynx (middle of the throat, tonsils, and back of tongue).
When oral cancer is detected early, the outcome of treatment is better and it can help keep you or someone you love from becoming one of the 10,030 people whose lives will be claimed this year by this disease. Those who survive 5 years after diagnosis is approximately 60%. Best Dental Care Queen Creek AZ
Oral cancer can show up anywhere. It is important to be aware of the signs and symptoms and to always see your dentist if any issues do not disappear after 2 weeks. Here are somethings to look out for:
- A sore or an irritation that doesn’t go away after the 2 week mark #smilewithconfidence
- Red or white patches
- Pain or tenderness or even numbness in the mouth or lips
- A lump, thinkening, rough spot, crust or a small eroded area Best Dental Care Queen Creek AZ
- Any difficulty chewing, swallowing, speaking or even moving your tongue or jaw
- Change in how your teeth fit together when closing the mouth
Cancer is not something to put off. Some of the biggest factors with oral cancer are smoking and tobacco use. Stop using these immediately and your risk of developing oral cancer goes down dramatically. If you suspect anything, call your dentist or physician right away. The sooner the better! If you are in need of a dentist, give us a call at #martindental and we can help you out!