Best Dentist in San Tan Valley AZ
Here is all the information you need about having a Root Canal!
- Xrays will be taken to get a clear view of your tooth and the surrounding bone Best Dentist in San Tan Valley AZ
- The area will be numb, and this includes the tooth needing the root canal. This will make you comfortable during the treatment.
- A thin sheet of latex rubber will be placed over the tooth to keep it dry, clean, and protect it from any viruses, bacteria or fungus that is found in the mouth.
- An opening will be created in the top of the tooth
- The tooth’s nerves will be removed from the inside of the tooth and in the area of the root.
- The tooth will then be cleaned on the inside and in each root canal. The tooth will even be treated with germ killing medication.
- The root canals are then filled with a rubber-like material that will seal the roots against future infections. #martindental
- A temporary filling will be placed on the tooth to protect it until a permanent restoration (filling or crown) can be placed.
- The tooth and even the area around it may feel sensitive for a few days. Speak to your dentist about ways to relieve any discomfort you may feel.
- Antibiotics will be prescribed so the infection does not spread. Use them as directed and follow up with your dentist if any problems arise. Best Dentist in San Tan Valley AZ
There is usually one follow up visit after the root canal treatment. At this visit, your dentist will remove the temporary filling that is on the tooth and replace it with a regular filling or a crown. This protects the tooth from any further damage. #smilewithconfidence Sometimes a metal or plastic post will be placed in the root canal to help make sure the filling material remains in place. This also can support a crown if one is needed.