Is an Affordable Dentist in Chandler, AZ Better than Flossing?
As soon as you finish eating any sugary or high carbohydrate food, bacteria attack your tooth enamel. The acid created by sugar leaches out calcium and some other essential minerals from the dentin and enamel of the teeth.
Several oral diseases that you will see bacteria are responsible, and they thrive on common dietary sugars such as lactose, glucose, and sucrose.
Since these sugars erode the tooth enamel so quickly, it is essential to keep good oral health, in which you brush twice a day and floss at least once a day to prevent tooth decay, cavities, and gum disease.
Why do We Floss Daily?
The main reason for flossing is to eliminate food particles and biofilm rich in bacteria that are between teeth and which brushing cannot remove.
The floss is thin like a thread and slim enough to slip easily through teeth that are not abnormally crooked.
Even though there are different types, they all work as well as each other, and there is no difference if floss is waxed or un-waxed - both types work well for cleaning between the teeth.
How Do I Floss Correctly?
Here are a few tips about how to floss teeth properly:
- Wind sufficient dental floss around the center fingers of both your hands. Nip the string of floss within your index fingers and thumbs, leaving one or two inches amid those two fingers. Steer the course of dental floss through your thumbs while flossing your upper teeth.
- Use index fingers to guide floss properly while flossing lower teeth.
- Glide floss between the gaps in your teeth using a zigzag motion. Do not pull floss upward when in between teeth.
- Floss teeth gently and thoroughly.
- Never attempt to “clean” used floss for using again.
Can Flossing Prevent the Need to Visit My Chandler, AZ Dentist?
Avoiding tooth decay not only comprises brushing and flossing every day but additionally receiving expert dental cleanings and fluoride treatments every six months.
Maintaining your dental cleaning meeting minimizes your chance of tooth decay resulting from control demineralization, whereas enabling your dentist to check for evidence of oral illnesses in their early stages.
In simple terms, this means you can’t skip meeting your Chandler, AZ affordable dentist just because you floss. So, it is better to contact Martin Dental direct or complete the form below, and the staff will get back to you to arrange a meeting.