Why Daily Floss helps Chandler, AZ Dental Care
When you finish eating any sweet or high carbohydrate food, the bacterium attacks the tooth enamel. The acid formed by sugar flushes out calcium and other essential minerals from the dentin and enamel.
It is responsible for several oral diseases that the bacteria are involved in and which develop because of sugars commonly found in the diet, such as lactose, glucose and sucrose.
Since these sugars destroy tooth enamel so quickly, it is essential that you keep your mouth healthy by brushing twice a day and flossing at least once a day to prevent tooth decay, cavities and gum disease.
Why We Floss Daily?
A major reason for using dental floss is the elimination of food particulates and biofilm rich in bacteria between teeth, which cannot be removed during brushing.
Floss is thin as thread and thin enough to easily slip through teeth that are not abnormally crooked.
While there are different types of floss, they all work and all other types and there is no difference whether or not the floss is waxed - both styles work well for cleaning between teeth.
How to Floss Correctly?
Here are a few tips about how to floss teeth properly:
- Wind an appropriate amount of dental floss around the middle fingers of both hands. Squeeze the dental floss around the index fingers and thumbs, leaving one or two inches in these two fingers. Direct the dental floss through your thumbs while flossing your upper teeth.
- Use your index fingers to guide the floss correctly when flossing your lower teeth.
- Slide the floss between the gaps in the teeth in a zigzag motion. Do not pull the dental floss upwards while it is between the teeth.
- Floss teeth should be flossed gently and accurately.
- Never try to "clean" reused dental floss.
Flossing Still Needs Chandler, AZ Dentist Visits
Avoiding tooth decay not only comprises brushing and flossing every day but additionally receiving expert dental cleanings and fluoride treatments every six months.
To make sure you become one of the family sooner than later, you can quickly contact Martin Dental and speak to the helpful staff.