Chandler, AZ Dentist Near Me Fixes Tooth Fractures
When you have a Chandler, AZ dental implant, you will no longer feel the pain of a cracked tooth.
Although teeth can break for many reasons, it is an excruciating pain you feel when you bite into something. It is very similar to sensitive teeth, but the causes and solutions are very different.
Here you can see how it happens and why your local Chandler, AZ dentist near me, may end up recommending an implant as the best solution to your dental problems.
What is a Tooth Fracture?
Hairline tooth fractures are faint cracks in the tooth. It is a common complaint and one of the leading causes of tooth loss. Below you can see some unique types of cracks that can occur in your teeth.
- Broken tooth cusps - these form around a filling, and since they do not obstruct the tooth nerve, the pain is minimal
- Craze lines - these tiny cracks appear in the tooth enamel. You find that they do not cause pain or that treatment is necessary.
- Split teeth - split teeth mean that you have a tooth that comprises two parts. Once it is large, it causes pain, and they cannot save the tooth.
- Vertical cracks - these run from the top of the tooth to the bottom. When it crosses the gum line, they must extract the tooth.
Reasons for Tooth Fractures
There are many reasons for this. Here are some of the most common; some may require extensive treatment, and your local Chandler, AZ, dentist near me can provide the best solution.
- Accidents - when you have an accident while doing sports, you can get a punch in the mouth. Teeth that are not lost often end up with a crack or split
- Biting on hard objects - hard candy or opening a bottle cap with your mouth are two ways of splitting teeth
- Large fillings - fillings can be large and leave the surrounding tooth material weak
- Age - the older you get, the weaker your teeth become. Most cracks occur in people over 50 years of age.
The Ultimate Fractured Tooth Solution in Chandler, AZ
When you have had a severe accident, have a mouth full of large fillings that you have accumulated, or if you are over 50 years old, the recommended treatment may be Chandler, AZ implants from your local dentist near me.
The reason for this is when you have more than a few teeth that are affected or prone to other dental problems.
To find out if implants are the perfect solution for you, or there is an alternative and can restore your smile with confidence, you can contact Martin Dental directly or fill out the form and one of our representatives will contact you again at the earliest opportunity.