Preventing Tooth Plaque with Chandler, AZ Dentist
When you eat, saliva and foodstuffs create the ideal environment for bacterial growth inside your mouth. Plaque is the bacterial film sticking and accumulating around your teeth. Left untreated, and this film can lead to gum disease or other dental complications.
Your local Chandler, AZ skilled dentist has years of schooling and experience to deal with plaque and other dental issues that may arise. Here you can read about plaque, and how your dentist can help deal with these issues between dental appointments.
What leads to Plaque to Build Up?
Saliva breaks down sugars from the foods you eat. Foods high in carbs the worst as they react with bacteria to form the plaque. When brushing teeth, it is possible to remove some of this plaque.
Plaque forms a hard, yellow substance and leads to gum diseases, gingivitis, and the need for fillings. Tartar can weaken the tooth enamel to cause tooth decay.
Prevent Plaque Buildup at Home
It is possible to spot plaque by running your tongue across your teeth and feeling a sticky residue.
- Here are some steps to reduce bacteria:
- Watch eating habits: Plaque feeds on starches from things such as sugary foods, soda, and potato chips.
- Brush twice daily: Brush teeth twice per day for two minutes. Use toothpaste with fluoride and an electric toothbrush to make it easier. Replace brushes as the bristles spread.
- Floss after brushing: Add flossing to your routine and remove food stuck between your teeth. If you are new to flossing, your Chandler, AZ dentist can answer questions you ask.
- Use mouthwash: To help eliminate bad breath because of oral bacteria. Rinse with a good mouthwash. Dentists can advise a brand and be sure to follow instructions on the bottle.
- Fluoride in drinking water: Fluoride is in toothpaste to help guard against plaque buildup. Try to drink fluoride-containing water if possible.
Brushing teeth is essential, as are your regular appointments with the local Chandler, AZ dentist.
Treating Plaque Buildup with Chandler, AZ Dental Expert
Plaque buildup is common, and you can overcome it with your dentists help. A lot you can do as we have seen and even eating fruits and crunchy vegetables can help.
To find out if they are the perfect solution for you and can restore your smile with confidence, you can contact Martin Dental and speak to the helpful staff.
Alternatively, fill out the form below for a quick response, and dental expert’s dental care team will be in touch to go through everything about your plaque concerns.
Please read what others have to say about our services SoTellUS: https://sotellus.com/reviews/martin-dental/